UNITE HERE Local 11 represents approximately 32,000 workers in the hospitality and multi-service industries throughout Los Angeles, Orange County, and Phoenix AZ. We are housekeepers, bell men, food servers, cooks, dishwashers, bartenders and many other employees in the tourism and food service industries. Local 11 has a proud history of community involvement and a strong commitment to improving working conditions, wages, and benefits for all working men and women.
Local 11 is presently seeking an Accounting Clerk – Payables/Receivables. This position reports to the Senior Accountant.
ACCOUNTING CLERK -PAYABLES/RECEIVABLES:
Summary: Accounting Clerk – Payables/Receivables is responsible for basic record keeping within standard accounting protocol and policies of the organization. They are primarily responsible for the day-to-day processing of accounts payable and receivable, as well as ensuring compliance with UNITE HERE’s shared service agreements with other organizations.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multitask.
- Professional phone manners and general customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with any or all of the following: cash and check receipts, cash and check disbursements, cash journals, accounts receivables and accounts payable, and payroll activities, making sure that all payroll records are accurate and up to date.
- Assume the responsibility of receiving and sorting incoming payments with attention to credibility and validity of debit accounts.
- Manage the status of accounts and balances and identify inconsistencies.
- Issue and post bills, receipts and invoices.
- Update accounts receivable and general bookkeeping databases with new accounts or other necessary data.
- Communicate with clients about incoming and outgoing payments, deadlines, and accounts and provide troubleshooting support as necessary. .
- Write thorough reports on billing activity with clear and reliable data.
- Create reports and balance sheets that document overall receipts.
- Update client accounts based on payment or contact information.
- Answer employee questions and requests regarding rules and regulations.
- Provides general organization support by entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work; answering the telephone; relaying messages; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Performs related tasks and projects as assigned.
- College degree or formal or on the job training/experience in bookkeeping practices. May include business school, vocational school or college courses.
- Demonstrated commitment to the labor movement or other progressive movements.
- Ability to learn and observe all policies and procedures.
- Excellent computer skills are required in all Microsoft applications, especially Excel and/or other financial programs, such as QuickBooks, ADP, MIP, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communications skills.
- Proficiency in both English and Spanish, written and oral.
The office environment is fast paced and unpredictable. The candidate must be able to work well under pressure, individually, and as a team player.
Pay and benefits for this role are set by the Local 11 Staff Union contract. Starting pay is set at $19.52 an hour. We offer an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and pension.
To apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to: Danit Osborn, email@example.com