JOB OPENING: PC Technical Support Specialist
Under the general direction of the Technology Director, the PC Technical Support Specialist provides technical and educational support to UNITE HERE Local 11’s on-site and remote PC and Mac users to answer questions, resolve issues, and increase end-user productivity with minimal downtime.
Department or Director(s): Information Technology
Location: Regional: Southern CA and Arizona
Reports to: Technology Director
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Handle Tier 1 help desk escalations through tickets or phone.
- Respond to, update, and complete trouble tickets in system used to track request calls and dispositions.
- Provide ongoing support to PC and Mac users in the daily use of the systems implemented, including, but not limited to: training users, answering questions, and suggesting methods to increase user productivity.
- Escalate issues and act as a liaison between users and appropriate upper-tier support technician if unable to resolve requests.
- Evaluate and analyze requests for computer hardware and software to be purchased and/or added to one of UNITE HERE Local 11’s local area networks. Order equipment and/or related supplies on behalf of end users.
- When time permits, assist in the implementation of database applications. Implementation phases include systems design, development and modification, testing, documentation, training and post implementation review.
- Support audio and video equipment in conference rooms and provide troubleshooting for remote staff.
- Maintain and monitor internal/external assets to ensure accurate inventory records.
- Education or equivalent experience: BS in Computer Science/Information Technology/Network Engineering/CIT/Computer Engineering/Systems Engineering, Apple Certified iOS Technician, and work experience troubleshooting PCs and Macs in a high-pressured office environment.
- Specialized knowledge or skills: Extensive knowledge of networks, hardware, printers, MS software, applications, and operating systems, cloud computing, and IT Service Management (ITSM).
- Additional qualifications: Interested in improving productivity with computers; excellent hardware and software troubleshooting, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Required attributes: Excellent communication skills. Must be able to listen, understand, and speak with clarity to figure out the problem and to be able to explain the solution, if necessary.
- Enthusiastic about being part of an organization that improves the lives and well-being for more than 31,000 hardworking individuals.
- Overnight travel is required: Approx. 20%
- Driver license required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Union experience preferred.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Can communicate clearly and effectively with business end-users.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are determined by the Local 11 staff union contract. The pay rate for probationary IT staff in 2022 was $22.11. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, employer contributions to a union pension fund, and legal services.
How To Apply
Please email a résumé, references, and cover letter with “PC Technical Support Specialist” in the email subject line to dosborn[at]unitehere11[dot]org. Please include your available start date in the cover letter.