UNITE HERE Local 11 is hiring for a Research 1 position. Accepting applications now!
OPEN POSITION: RESEARCH ANALYST 1, CORPORATE RESEARCH
Research Analyst job responsibilities include:
* Research companies using a wide variety of sources, including published databases, on-line and Internet sources as well as informational interviews with union, industry and financial sources.
* Conduct local and field research on companies and industries.
* Develop expertise in UNITE HERE industries.
* Work with UNITE HERE members, organizers, and regional staff, as well as community members and elected leaders.
Desired Qualifications include:
· Activist experience and commitment to fighting for workers’ rights
· BA Degree, preferably in economics, business or labor studies or relevant research and/or organizing experience (labor, political or community)
· Strong analytical, writing, and interpersonal skills
· Willingness to travel and to work long hours
· Familiarity with database and word processing software
· Ability to effectively manage a workload with competing priorities and deadlines, and thrive in a fast-changing, emerging set of circumstances where it will be necessary to work independently and take initiative.
For more information: Francis Engler at firstname.lastname@example.org