JOB TITLE: Personnel Administrator
The Personnel Administrator will perform a wide variety of professional and administrative duties in the areas of general human resources: benefits management, staff policy management and compliance with employment laws. The Personnel Administrator will be responsible for providing support to the Staff Director to develop and oversee systems to address a range of personnel issues. This role is full-time, exempt.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, recommend best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Assist the leadership of the union in implementing personnel policies and practices that are aligned with overall organizational goals.
- Conduct the on-boarding process for all new hires and provide ongoing training and support on administrative procedures related to employment to staff and rank-and-file workers employed by the union.
- Provide support to union leadership in explaining and implementation of personnel policies with their staff.
- Assist the Staff Director in developing and maintaining systems to track the regular evaluation and development of staff.
- Maintain complete personnel records for all staff.
- Assist the Payroll department to ensure accurate and timely submission by staff of all pay, expense and benefit-related paperwork.
- Interface with tenants of the union and other service providers around any personnel policies applicable to them.
- Other duties as assigned.
3-5 years of Human Resources and/or personnel administrative experience in a non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated passion for progressive politics and social justice
- Experience providing feedback and advice to employees on compliance issues in a proactive and compassionate manner.
- Basic knowledge of State and Federal employment practices, policies, legal & EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) guidelines, as well as compensation, wage and hour, benefits administration.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, with excellent follow-through and analytical skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interface with others inside and outside of the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Excellent digital skills (Microsoft and Google Suites) and capacity to quickly learn and train staff on new apps, database programs.
- Must be able to work independently with the ability to juggle priorities and manage time to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment and multi-task.
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package.
Please send resume to Robin Rodriguez: email@example.com.