Arizona Unemployment Insurance
You can apply from the Arizona Department of Economic Security Website. If you need help, please call the hotline at (480) 795-5330 EXT 242.
What you need to have when you apply:
- Your Social Security Number.
- AZ Driver’s License or AZ State Issued ID (Note: you may still complete your application without these two items).
- Your mailing address, city, state and ZIP code.
- If you live in Arizona, know the county where you reside.
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers of all your employers for the last 18 months.
- The last day you worked immediately prior to filing your UI claim.
- If you received severance, vacation, holiday or payment for unused sick pay: give the amount (before deductions) and the date it was paid to you.
- Alien Registration Number, if applicable.
- Copy # 4 of your DD Form 214 if released from the military in the last 18 months
- If you are collecting a pension (other than Social Security), you will need the start date of the pension and the monthly benefit amount.
You should NOT mark that you have been “discharged,” which means “fired,” because it will take much longer to process (3-4 weeks). You should mark that you have been “laid off,” or have a “lack of hours.”
The process is very streamlined. There’s a helpful video on the front page. If you are struggling with it, call the hotline at 480-795-5330 EXT 242 so someone can walk you through it.